D-Prize Global Competition 2019 is Out Online | Apply Now before Deadline.
D-Prize Global Competition 2019… D-Prize funds new entrepreneurs who increase access to proven poverty interventions. Are you ready to launch a pilot social venture that will impact thousands, even millions, of lives? Apply and make your mark in global health, governance and infrastructure, clean energy, or education.
The world has already invented ways to end poverty, yet the best interventions are not being distributed at mass-scale. Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below? If selected we will award you up to $20,000 to launch a pilot in any region where extreme poverty exists.
The world has already invented ways to end poverty, yet the best interventions are not being distributed at mass-scale. Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below?
- + GIRL’S EDUCATION
- + AGRICULTURE
- + ENERGY
- + GLOBAL HEALTH
- + EDUCATION
- + GOVERNANCE AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- + CUSTOM
If selected they will award you up to $20,000 to launch a pilot in any region where extreme poverty exists.
- All winners will be awarded up to $20,000.
- The award is offered in the form of a convertible grant.
- Up to 25 of the most promising proposals will be selected for funding awards, regardless of which challenge track was selected.
Besides direct funding, D-Prize can assist in helping your venture attract future funding if the pilot proves successful. They will also provide you access to the D-Prize network of past winners, and will do our best to support you in other ways.
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
- D-Prize challenges are open to anyone or any teams. The sole restriction is that individuals and their immediate family on the judging panel may not participate as a contestant.
- D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between).
- You should have enormous ambition, and can imagine yourself as a successful entrepreneur.
- You are ready to launch your new venture, and – if a pilot proves successful – you are excited to grow it into a world changing organization.
- If you are still a student or have existing commitments, you should have a clear idea how to transition into a full-time founder.
- D-Prize is exclusively interested in ventures that will scale distribution of an already proven poverty intervention in the developing world.
- They do not fund prototypes of promising new interventions.
The D-Prize judging panel is composed of individuals with professional experience distributing life-changing technologies in the developing world. Contestants are evaluated based on:
- Passion and potential for candidate’s success, as evident by their academic and professional background, relevant skills, and quick leadership trajectory.
- Focus on distribution. Proposals must focus on distributing a proven poverty solution that needs greater access in the developing world.
- Potential for scale, based on the organizational model proposed in the concept note and the entrepreneur’s desire to commit and grow.
- Proposals must be submitted following the instructions in this packet.
- Extra material outside of the proposal will not be considered.
- Revisions to proposals after submission will also not be considered.
- Only one proposal per person or partnership will be considered.
- Proposals must be written in English.
Method of Application
Select a challenge above and be prepared for the following deadlines:
- Early Submission Deadline: May 12th, 2019 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: June 2nd, 2019 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline (limited to 400 people who register): June 23rd, 2019 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- ROUND 1: Submit your concept note and resume(s).
- ROUND 2: Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to submit a full 10 page proposal. You will have four weeks to submit.
- FINAL ROUND: Top entrepreneurs interview. Winners will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
- LAUNCH: Spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture and help millions of people.
For more information, visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: May 12 and June 2, 2019
It always our pleasure, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Most important, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+