Pop-Kultur Goethe Talents Scholarship 2019 | Apply Now Before Deadline.
Pop-Kultur Goethe Talents Scholarship 2019… Are you a young musician, DJ, composer, singer-songwriter, instrumentalist between 20 and 30 years old from a transition or developing country? You want to work professionally in the music field, with your own label or with a booking agency or want to use your music more target-oriented? If you have made first experiences in your field already, Goethe Talents Scholarship will help you to reach the next level.
Pop-Kultur Festival in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut offers activities to experience the Music City Berlin in the run-up to the Festival: Studio visits, jam-sessions, short traineeships in selected companies of the Berlin creative industries, listening sessions and meetings with scholarship holders of Musicboard Berlin GmbH, as well as many other activities, such as visiting concerts will be taking place during the week before Pop-Kultur. Networking will be a big part of the experience.
You will also be joining the Pop-Kultur Nachwuchs programme which is going down from August 21st to August 23rd in a couple of locations at Kulturbrauerei Berlin. International professionals give personal insights into their work and share their expert knowledge through workshops, case studies and talks with you – lively and practical instead of dry and read off. Once more the programme offers spots to talents from all over the world. Hence, you’ll be able to network across borders. You will also get a chance to perform on the Nachwuchs-Stage on one of the evenings in the Pop-Kultur Live programme.
In summer 2020, one of the Goethe 2019 alumni will get the chance to return to Berlin for a month-long Goethe residency. The aim of the residency is to support artistic and cultural exchange through the creation a new piece of music in collaboration with a Berlin-based artist, which will then be presented in the official live programme of Pop-Kultur 2020.
- The participation fee, accommodation, travel expenses, hospitality (per diem of €10) will be covered by the Goethe-Institut for the period of August 13th to August 24th, 2019. The Goethe-Institut will also book and pay for flights and will help with visa issues;
- Additionally, the Musicboard will give the talents a Festival Ticket free of charge plus access to Pop-Kultur’s networking area for professionals, organize accommodation (breakfast included), cover health insurance and public transportation in Berlin.
- Open to young musician, DJ, composer, singer-songwriter, instrumentalist from a developing or transition country
- Applicants must be between 20 – 30 years old
- Every participant should prepare a short input talk (approx. 10 min.) in advance about his/her experience in the music field thus far and about the music scene in his/her respective country
- Advanced English skills are crucial as there is no translation available. You will be tested in advance by the local Goethe-Institut
- You need work experience in the field of music. They need proof of at least 3 projects
- You have to cover all additional expenses that might occur during your stay
- All applications are for one person. No accompanying persons can be sponsored or included in the programme.
For more information, visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: April 17, 2019
It always our pleasure, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Most important, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+