Alexander Von HIIG Fellowship 2019 and How to Apply Online.
Alexander Von HIIG Fellowship 2019… The Internet and Society fellowship is internationally focused and offers a unique opportunity for innovative thinkers who wish to engage in the exchange of research experiences and to set up new initiatives. Fellowships may range from a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 12 months within the year 2019.
Based in the heart of Berlin, the HIIG provides a dynamic intellectual environment for fellows to pursue their own research interests and actively shape their stay. Fellows are invited to collaborate with an international team of researchers and to participate in the activities at the institute. They are offered a number of opportunities to share and discuss ideas. This includes:
- Writing and publishing papers in one of their open access publications
- Commenting on current developments in your field in form of HIIG blog posts
- Holding presentations in one of their lunch talks
- Organising expert workshops with your peers
- Engaging in joint activities and projects with other fellows
- Fellows may use the Institute’s facilities free of charge during their stay. However, they are expected to bring their own funding from their home institution or outside grants. Fellows must take care of accommodation, insurance, childcare, and travel arrangements.
- In special cases, fellows can apply for a travel grant of up to 700 Euros and a visa subsidy of up to 200 Euros.
- Applicants should possess a Master’s degree, PhD in process/planned (Junior Fellow) or Advanced PhD, post-doctoral researcher (Senior Fellow);
- Applicants should be Fluent in English; command of German is appreciated;
- You must have research experience and a research project of your own that you want to pursue.
Method of Application.
The following documents are required for complete application:
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter explaining your interest in the HIIG Fellowship, research background, and your expectations (1 page)
- Research outline including A) your project, and how it responds to one of research programmes, B) the specific work you propose to conduct during the fellowship, C) deliverables, products or outcomes you aim to produce (max. 3 pages)
- Optional: one writing or work sample covering internet research (in English or German)
For more information, visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: September 1, 2018
It always our pleasure, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Most important, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+