Agrifi Kenya Challenge Fund 2018/2019 and How to Apply Online.
Agrifi Kenya Challenge Fund 2018… The aim is to contribute to improvements in the capacity of smallholder farmers/pastoralists to practise environmentally sustainable and climate-smart agriculture as a business in inclusive value chains.
The Challenge Fund is funded by the European Union and co -funded by SlovakAid and is implemented in parallel with a planned European Investment Bank (EIB) facility provided to local banks. Self Help Africa and Imani Development Limited are the Fund Managers for the programme.
- The first call for proposals targets to award Euro 6 million to 15 projects in total at an average of Euro 375,000 per project.
- The fund supports projects put forward by small and medium sized agri-enterprises with business models that are integrating smallholder farmers/pastoralists into value chains;
- The agri-enterprises need to demonstrate how they are benefitting smallholder farmers/pastoralists. This may be through the establishment of a new activity or expansion of existing activities in specific or all nodes of the value chain;
- Applying agri-enterprises must be duly incorporated in Kenya as a company or a cooperative;
- Must be compliant with all national and local laws and regulations including but not limited to tax regulation, health and safety and environmental standards;
- Must be a for-profit entity; not-for-profit organisations and government bodies are not eligible to apply as lead applicants. However, they can contribute to projects as co-applicants;
- Must be willing and able to at least match the sum of financial support requested to fund the activities of the proposal through a blend of cash and cash equivalents, credit or equity from own or third-party sources;
- Must provide evidence in the project proposal of current or future integration of smallholder farmers/pastoralists in existing or new value chain(s) in the project’s areas;
- The business must have at least three (3) years of uninterrupted operations with a focus on any or a combination of the thematic areas of the AgriFI Kenya Challenge Fund program;
- Must have a yearly turnover in the range of EUR 200,000 to EUR 50,000,000;
- Must have an asset base of less than EUR 43,000,000;
Method of Application
- Download call guidelines and questions for the AgriFI Kenya Challenge Fund
- Register and start application in AfriCUBE
- Fill all required details on the application form
- Submit project concept note on AfriCUBE
For more information, visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: November 26, 2018
It always our pleasure, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Most important, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+