Apply for Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2019 Online Here.
Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2019… The third annual Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge aims to recognize new business ideas that leverage technology for social impact from student entrepreneurs around the world. The Challenge is open to students and recent alumni from any college or university.
How can your innovative technology solution solve the world’s most pressing social and environmental problems? $300,000 USD in prize money will help accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technology, products, and services that drive economic development and/or solve social or environmental problems.
- One (1) Grand Prize of $100,000 USD
- One (1) Second Place Prize of $75,000 USD
- Three (3) Third Place Prizes of $25,000 USD each
- Four (4) Fourth Place Prizes of $10,000 USD each
- One (1) People’s Choice Award of $10,000 USD
In addition to a cash infusion to develop your solution, it will be reviewed by Cisco technology experts and high-profile judges. You’ll receive peer and industry validation for your solution, as well as have a great opportunity for global recognition and publicity.
- If your solution uses digital technology to positively impact society or the environment, consider entering.
- Areas of impact include, but are not limited to, critical human needs like water or food security, healthcare, financial inclusion, education, accessibility, and the environment.
- This Contest is open and offered only to:
- individuals age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of registration
- teams of up to five individuals age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of registration
- legal business entities satisfying the requirements below.
- Individual Participant. Individuals must be either (a) current students at any post-secondary institution, or (b) recent graduates who completed a post-secondary degree after March 1, 2017.
- Team Participant. A minimum of fifty percent (50%) of the individual members comprising a team must be either (a) current students at any post-secondary institution, or (b) recent graduates who completed a post-secondary degree after March 1, 2017.
- Business Entity Participant. Business entities must be at least 25 percent (25%) owned by (a) current students at any post-secondary institution, and/or (b) recent graduates who completed a post-secondary degree after March 1, 2017. Business Participants may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to provide proof of business ownership for verification purposes.
For Judging Round One, Judging Round Two, and Judging Round Three, the Judging Panel will make their selection based on the content of the Entries and using the following criteria:
- Innovative Internet of Things (IoT) or digital technology aspect of solution: How innovative is the solution in its use of new or existing technology to solve a local or global problem? Are there other solutions available and if so, how does this differentiate from them? (33%)
- Feasibility: How feasible is the solution to put into practice? Does the solution make sense financially? Will the solution be sustainable over the long term? (24%)
- Impact: What is the scale of potential social impact? How broad is the impact? How many people will your solution reach? How significant is the impact? (33%)
- Clarity: How well do you articulate your solution and the potential impact it will have on society? (10%)
For more information, visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: January 11, 2019
It always our pleasure, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Most important, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+