Apply for Wellcome Sanger Institute Prize Competition 2019 Online Here.
Wellcome Sanger Institute Prize Competition 2019… The Wellcome Sanger Institute is one of the premier centres of genomic discovery and understanding in the world. It leads ambitious collaborations across the globe to provide the foundations for further research and transformative healthcare innovations.
Its success is founded on the expertise and knowledge of its people and the Institute seeks to share its discoveries and techniques with the next generation of genomics scientists and researchers worldwide.
- The winner of the Sanger Institute Prize will be offered a three-month internship with a research group at the Wellcome Sanger Institute in 2019. Travel, living and research expenses are all covered by the award.
- Applicants must be from a low- or middle-income country;
- Be studying at a University/Institute in a low-/middle-income country;
- Demonstrate an active interest in research in the genomics field;
- Have a good command of English.
- Low Income Economies: Afghanistan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Korea, Dem. Rep Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe
- Lower Middle Income Economies: Armenia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Congo. Rep, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Arab Rep. El Salvador, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Mauritania, Micronesia Fed. Sts, Moldova, Morocco, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Phillippines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Public, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep. Zambia
- Upper Middle Income Economies: Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovia, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominician Republic, Ecuador, Fiji, Gabon, Grenada, Iran, Islamic Rep. Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia FYR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Romania, Serbia, South Africa, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Thailand, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu
Method of Application
The 2019 competition will be run as a two-stage process.
- Stage one: First stage applicants are asked to complete a short application form and write an expression of interest detailing their scientific interests and why they want to come to the Sanger Institute. Two academic references are also required at this stage. Only applications made via the online application system will be accepted.
- Stage two: Selected candidates will then be asked to take part in stage two of the process, which is to write an essay with a given title.
For more information, visit Sanger Institute Prize.
Application Deadline: December 21, 2018
It always our pleasure, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Most important, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+