Terra Summer Residency 2019 and How to Apply Online for Free.
Terra Summer Residency 2019… The program encourages independent work while providing seminars and mentoring by senior scholars and artists to foster reflection and debate. The Terra Summer Residency provides an opportunity for participants to widen their academic and creative horizons, explore international cultural perspectives, and forge lifelong exchanges and professional networks.
In addition to a stipend, fellows receive on-site lodging, use of working facilities, and lunches for the duration of the residency.
The 2019 Terra Summer Residency will run from June 3 to August 2.
Terra Summer Residency fellows receive:
- A $5,000 stipend (artists receive an additional $300 for the purchase of materials);
- A travel contribution (up to $500 for individuals traveling from Europe, up to $1,200 for individuals traveling from the US and Canada, and up to $1,500 for individuals traveling from other destinations);
- Lodging in the Terra Foundation residences and daily lunches. Due to the nature and format of the program, the residency does not accommodate family members (including partners and children) or other guests. The majority of the bedrooms are single occupancy.
- Candidates worldwide can apply. Applicants must be either:
- A visual artist with a master’s degree or its equivalent at the time of application. Preference is given to applicants who have completed their degree within the past five years.
- A doctoral candidate researching American art and visual culture or its role in a context of international artistic exchange prior to 1980. Candidates at all stages of doctoral research and writing are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must be recommended by their dissertation advisor or professor or previous art-school supervisor. Each professor may recommend a maximum of two candidates each year.
- Applicants for the Terra Summer Residency will be evaluated on intellectual and creative excellence, scholarly and artistic accomplishments, and ability to contribute in a collegial and interdisciplinary community.
- As the program’s working language of the program is English, all applicants are expected to be fluent; knowledge of French is an asset but not required.
Method of Application
- Visual artists: Click here to begin an online application.
- Doctoral candidates: Click here to begin an online application.
For more information, visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: January 15, 2019
It always our pleasure, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Most important, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+