CONNECTED Development Programme 2019 and How to Apply Online.
CONNECTED Development Programme 2019… The CONNECTED Development Programme for Early Career Researchers – a fully-funded ten-day residential course at the University of Bristol, UK (10 – 21 June 2019). The purpose is to create a cohort of Early Career Researchers (ECRs) with a joint understanding of virology and entomology which enables them to collaborate effectively on the research challenges of plant vector-borne diseases in Africa.
The programme will combine:
- scientific talks
- general lab training skills
- specific virology and entomology lecture and practical work
- desk-based projects, and
- soft skills training.
Places will be awarded by competitive application, and they are aiming to attract both virologists and entomologists. The programme will aim to provide those who attend with:
- New scientific knowledge
- Practical and technical experience
- Knowledge for cross-disciplinary working
- Knowledge and experience of writing collaborative funding applications to tackle important plant VBD problems, and
- A new network of fellow ECRs.
Participants will be able to make use of these new skills in their home place of work, building capacity, for example in managing existing projects, developing new projects and techniques, and applying for research funding. V4 will run from Monday 10 – Friday 21 June 2019 inclusive, at The School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol, UK.
Funding is available to cover travel, accommodation, subsistence and all training costs of successful applicants.
- Applications are now open to CONNECTED network members
- Anyone who is not currently a network member can join free of charge here.
Method of Application
Applicants are kindly asked to read the guidance notes in full before completing the application form.
For more information, visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: February 24, 2019
It always our pleasure, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Most important, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+