Apply for Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme 2019 Here.
Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme 2019… The scholarship aims to encourage the participation of young African Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons at Masters programmes in the fields of Natural Sciences, Agriculture, Health, Education, Engineering, and Social Sciences.
The 2019 Scholarship offer is aimed to provide an important opportunity for enhancing the knowledge, professional skills and capacity of refugees and displaced persons; and thereby streamline their integration to contribute for sustainable development in Africa.
The scholarship award covers the following:
- Tuition Fees: According to an official invoice from the Host University.
- Stipend: $500 USD monthly, to support living expenses such as housing, food, utilities, local transportation and medication.
- Book Allowance: An allowance of $500 USD per year for the purchase of books.
- Air ticket: A round-trip economy fare (as applicable).
- Travel Allowance:
- One-off payment of $250 USD to contribute towards ground transportation and settling-in costs
- One-off payment of $350 USD to assist with shipping and other terminal expenses; upon departure from the host Institution after successful completion of the study.
- Computer Allowance: One-off payment of $1,000 USD for the purchase of laptop computer and accessories
To be eligible for the Scholarship, a candidate must:
- Be a Citizen of an African Union Member State
- Be a formally registered refugee/displaced person with a UNHCR registration number or be able to demonstrate confirmed refugee status in an African Union Member State
- Be under the age of thirty five (35) years
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field, at least at the level of Upper Second Class Honours. The degree must be from a recognised University
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards if any
- Have proof of admission to undertake a full time Masters programme in a recognised university in an African Union Member State
- Be willing to commit to work in an African Union Member State on completion of studies for at least three (3) years
- The following fields of study are eligible: Natural Sciences, Agriculture, Health, Education, Engineering, and Social Sciences
Method of Application
The application documents should include the following:
- Completed application form
- A proof of refugee/displaced person status, indicating citizenship
- Recent passport-size photograph
- CV indicating applicant’s academic background and work experience
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts
- Copy of admission letter from a recognised African University
- Two (2) Reference Letters with contact addresses and telephone numbers.
- A Letter of Motivation of not more than 500 words (maximum 2 pages) that explains why the candidate has chosen the particular field of study and its importance to Africa’s development
Interested candidates can apply online or by post. Applicants applying online should produce electronic copies of the above documents and submit as attachments. Applicants who submit their applications by post should make two (2) sets of hard copies of all the above documents. The Application must be sent to the address below:
Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology
African Union Commission
P.O. Box 3243
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
For more information, visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
It always our pleasure, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Most important, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+