Apply for MINDS Old Mutual Scholarship Programme 2019 Here for Free.
MINDS Old Mutual Scholarship Programme 2019… The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) offers scholarships to African students who wish to pursue post-graduate studies within Africa, but outside of their own countries. Through tailored leadership development activities, the MINDS Scholarship Programme nurtures leaders who have a continental development mindset; leaders who will facilitate greater cooperation between African countries.
MINDS Scholarships are applicable to full-time studies of a one or two-year Honours or Master’s degree at one of the MINDS preferred institutions in Africa. As one of the partners of the programme, Old Mutual sponsors studies related to Actuarial Sciences, Finance, Business Sciences and Accounting for students studying in South African, Kenyan and Nigerian institutions.
- Strathmore University, Kenya
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Development Studies, Ghana
Each scholarship covers the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals
- One return ticket per duration of studies
- A fixed stipend
Individuals with a Pan-African outlook, demonstrated leadership ability and an excellent academic record who wish to study elsewhere on the African continent, but outside their home country, are invited to apply for the scholarships.
- Open to Post-graduates students studying Actuarial Sciences, Finance, Business Sciences and Accounting in South African, Kenyan and Nigerian institutions
To be considered for a MINDS Scholarship, you must:
- Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country;
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s outside of your country of citizenship and/ or residency;
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year;
- Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study;
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form;
- Submit a complete application form with the required supporting documentation as set out on the application form.
Scholarships will be awarded to meritorious applicants following a rigorous selection process.
Method of Application
- Ensure that you meet ALL of the requirements set out and upload ALL of the required documents. Applications that do not meet requirements or for which all required documentation has not been provided are immediately disqualified. Do not get yourself disqualified because you’re in a hurry to submit an application. Rather take the time to ensure that you meet the requirements and to gather all of the required documents before submitting an application.
- They are looking for individuals with a Pan-African outlook, strong leadership potential and a track record of academic excellence. Your application must demonstrate these elements convincingly.
- They encourage applicants to consider universities that are outside of South Africa. Most applications received to date have been for South African institutions and there are limited numbers that can be awarded to each university. This means that competition is stiffer for South African institutions.
- There are two scholarships available for South African citizens wishing to study elsewhere in Africa.
- They have set aside scholarships for studies that relate to Actuarial Sciences, Business Sciences and Accounting. If you wish to conduct such studies at any of the South African, Kenyan and Nigerian institutions that are on our preferred list, do not miss the opportunity to apply. Ensure that you meet the requirements before submitting an application.
Please have the following documents scanned, saved and ready for uploading. All documents uploaded must be in PDF format. Each attachment should not exceed 2MB in size.
- A copy of the data/ bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/ results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter must:
- Be addressed to the applicant.
- State the degree which the applicant has been accepted to study.
- State the academic year at which the degree will commence.
- State the duration of the course (e.g. one year).
- A copy of a valid study permit or visa OR proof of application. (Optional)
- A detailed CV/ Resume of not more than four (4) single sided pages.
- Two reference letters (of not more than 3 pages each) addressing the applicant’s demonstration of integrity, their competency and/or potential as a leader and their commitment to the development of the African continent.
For more information, visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: Ongoing
It always our pleasure, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Most important, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+