ICRC Recruitment 2019/2020 is Out Online | Click Here to Apply.
International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment 2019… Are you a graduate or non-graduate seeking for a job opportunity in Nigeria? If yes, here’s an opportunity for you. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is currently recruiting to fill the available positions. Read more details below;
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Jos Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: First Aid and Prehospital Care Officer 2
Location: Jos, Plateau
- Actively participates in the planning and overall implementation of the First Aid activities including the monitoring and follow-up.
- Coordinates, facilitates and provides First Aid training for the communities, armed forces and other weapon bearers, National Society volunteers and Emergency First Aid Teams in addition to other selected groups.
- Review the activities of the First Aid trainers and support them (coaching during sessions they are facilitating).
- Monitors simulation exercises in previously trained communities.
- Collaborates with NRCS branches to ensure a coherent, standardised and quality First Aid program is being presented to the participants.
- Contributes to the implementation, monitoring and follow up of the First Aid program, including analysis of outcomes.
- Requests for logistical aspects of orders for First Aid requirements, monitors quantity and quality of stocks and reorders in a timely manner.
- Supports, follows up and evaluates the pre-hospital emergency response of trained first aid responders during mass emergency situations.
- Actively participates in the collection, analysis and archiving of data in relation to the First Aid program.
- Provides written reports with recommendations following all First Aid training programs.
- Shares lessons learned and relevant reports.
- As a representative of the ICRC, promotes the mandate and values of the organization, maintains contacts and negotiates with relevant actors in order to ensure the work is carried out as securely and effectively as possible
- A degree in Nursing or Medicine and strong knowledge in First Aid
- 3-4 years professional experience in similar field activity
- Ability to create a focused learning environment at all levels and to adapt teaching to different audiences
- Good command of written and spoken Kanuri, English and Hausa
- Good computer skills, good command of standard software and knowledge of internet search
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Solid communication skills as the position involves teaching First Aid skills to different audiences as well as communication with community members and leaders, National Society members and other stakeholders.
- Solution and objective oriented, organized, methodical and flexible personality, ability to work independently and within a team, very good analytical skills
- Ability to travel in all parts of the country
- Ability to work under pressure and in a hazardous environment
- Capacity to apply ICRC rules and procedures
Job Title: Health Field Officer (Nutrition)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Training of health workers and community volunteers (CVs) on different health issues including IYCF, hygiene promotion and malnutrition
- Develop the technical capacity of PHCC staff implementing CMAM and IYCF activities through on job mentoring
- In collaboration with SMOH, LGA nutrition focal and facility in charges ensure case finding through screening and defaulter tracing is functional at all health facilities and there is a link between facility and community nutrition activities and services
- Monitor and analyse consumption of therapeutic feeds and in collaboration with the HD and Nutrition Delegate (ND) identify solutions to overcome any inconsistencies in stock
- Ensure adequate linkage between the OTP centres and SCs to ensure smooth referral processes for children referred to the SC from OTP and SC back to OTP
- Ensure caretakers receive diverse, nutritious and hygienic meals daily. This can be done through monitoring the food chain (budget, supply, quality)
- Train and mentor SC supervisors to train SC staff on clinical management of paediatric SAM inpatients with complications in line with the national protocols
- Ensure caretakers receive diverse, nutritious and hygienic meals daily. This can be done through monitoring the food chain (budget, supply, quality).
- Collaborate with all other ICRC departments and sectors to ensure nutrition activities are integrated
- Nurse (Registered with the Nursing Council of Nigeria) or Nutritionist
- At least 3 years work experience in nutrition
- Good knowledge of public health concerns and awareness of the nutrition situation in Nigeria
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Very good computer skills, including use of spreadsheets for data analysis
- Good knowledge of the Ministry of Health and the local health services – Familiarity with nutrition, healthcare and systems
- Fluent in English and one local language in the AoR to be assigned
- Ability to analyse and synthesize information
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills (communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills
- Experience in working with CMAM and IYCF programming
- Proven ability to translate evaluated results into learning strategies
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
Job Title: Medical Store Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Works in close collaboration with the ICRC Mobile Hospital Administrator and Hospital Administrative Assistant and other staff of the MST (Medical Surgical Team) ensuring efficient logistics and supply chain management of the SSHM Pharmacy
- Works across all areas of the ICRC hospital departments according to operational requirements.
- Establishes a sound working relationship with the hospital staff involved in patient care
- Contribute to good stock control and efficient use of hospital equipment
- To train and supervise the local Pharmacy store keeper and to adhere to the high level of Pharmacy management standards as per the ICRC protocol
- Participates in hospital staff meetings as ICRC representative
- Participates in meetings with the departmental staff to discuss issues related to training and quality of care.
- Prepares the Monthly Pharmacy inventory in collaboration with the hospital pharmacy store keeper.
- Receives the monthly order from ABUJA and checks the packaging for completeness. Reports missing or damaged items and submits the signed packing list.
- Contributes to good stock control and efficient use of hospital equipment
- Participates in hospital staff morning meetings and gives feedback to the surgical team.
- Gives feedback on specific drugs and medical items position to the surgical team.
- Aligns professional values and goals and work within ICRC mandated directives, standards.
- Nurse, Medical Doctor or Pharmacist (with license to practise)
- Supply chain management background is a must
- 5 years’ experience in Medical Warehouse management
- Very good command of English and local languages
- Proven ability to work with people of varied cultural and social backgrounds
- Flexible, diplomatic and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate the job position and location, eg: “First Aid Field Officer JOS” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance
Application Deadline: 16:30 h; 31st March, 2019.
It always our pleasure, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Most important, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+