ASEAN Youth Video Contest 2019 | Apply Now before Deadline.
ASEAN Youth Video Contest 2019… Sustainable energy is critical to the economic and environmental health of the ASEAN Community. As signatories of the Paris Agreement, ASEAN Member States (AMS) have set an aspirational regional target to increase renewable energy (RE) to 23% by 2025 under the ASEAN’s blueprint for regional energy cooperation, which is the ASEAN Plan of Actions for Energy Cooperation (APAEC) 2016 – 2025.
The adoption of renewable energy policies not only draws in smarter technology to help ASEAN meet the energy demands of a growing population, but also conforms with aspirations for more advanced and smarter labor and technology inputs through the fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0).
To support ASEAN efforts to promote the importance of renewable energy throughout the region, young ASEAN filmmakers are invited to submit a 60-second video on the theme “Renewable Energy: Powering ASEAN’s Bright Future,” showcasing what renewable energy sources mean to the future of youth and the region.
- The top 10 entries will be selected to participate in an expert-led filmmaking workshop in Hanoi, Viet Nam and be eligible to win cash prizes!
- Open to amateur filmmakers (not currently employed in the video production profession), who are citizens of ASEAN Member States (AMS)—Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Viet Nam—and who currently reside in his/her home country;
- The contest is designed for aspiring filmmakers and interested youth. In the past, small teams have contributed to the design, development, and staging of video entries. This is acceptable, however, if a team works to produce a video, only one member of the team will be eligible to participate in the expert training event and receive cash prizes;
- Candidates must be aged 18 to 30 years old at the time of deadline;
- Finalists from previous years’ contests are not eligible to participate.
- Each short video entry must clearly and creatively address the theme “Renewable Energy: Powering ASEAN’s Bright Future” in 60 seconds or less. The video should be in English, or if created in local language the video should be complemented with English subtitles
- Entries depicting violence, sexism, racism, or other inappropriate content such as smoking, drinking, or other vices, including messaging deemed to advocate curtailment of the rights of others, will be disqualified
- A video production workshop for 10 selected finalists will be held at Media Training Centre of Vietnam Journalists Association (VJTC), Hanoi, Viet Nam in April 2019. Only one participant from each of the selected top 10 videos is invited to participate in the workshop
- Selected finalists attending the video production workshop must have a valid passport allowing them to travel to Viet Nam and must have strong proficiency in English since the training will be conducted in English
- Entries are limited to one video per individual or team
- Each individual or team is strongly encouraged to have a Facebook account for ease of communication with the trainer and other participants.
- Adherence to the theme: The video clearly and creatively represents the theme of “Renewable Energy: Powering ASEAN’s Bright Future” through positive youth perspectives
- Originality and creativity: The content is unique and not derivative of other ideas and presents the theme in an original and compelling way
- Potential viewer impact: The video conveys personal or aspirational thoughts that are inspiring to viewers
- Overall execution: The video reflects thoughtful framing and composition, presenting a clear story, is well-paced and focused, and has a clear and audible soundtrack and/or voice-over
- Visual techniques: The visual content is appealing to viewers through composition and technique, using appropriate effects
- Duration: The duration of the final video should not exceed 2 minutes.
For more information, visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: February 19, 2019
It always our pleasure, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Most important, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+