Getty Foundation Scholarship Grants 2019 for Aspiring Researchers.
Getty Foundation Scholarship Grants 2019… The Getty Scholar Grants are for established scholars, or writers who have attained distinction in their fields. Projects connect to the Getty Research Institute’s annual theme.
Recipients are in residence at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where they pursue their own projects free from academic obligations, make use of Getty collections, join their colleagues in a weekly meeting devoted to an annual research theme, and participate in the intellectual life of the Getty.
Getty Scholars may be in residence from three to nine months:
- Three-month residency: September to December, January to March, April to June: $17,200
- Six-month residency: September to March, January to June: $42,000
- Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000.
The grant also includes an office at the Getty Research Institute or the Getty Villa, an apartment in the Getty scholar housing complex, airfare to and from Los Angeles, and available healthcare option. These terms apply as of July 2018 and are subject to future changes.
- Applications are welcome from researchers of all nationalities who are working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
- Applicants who received their degree less than five years ago should apply for a postdoctoral fellowship.
- Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Scholar Grants. Recent recipients who have received a Getty Scholar award within the past three years may be removed from consideration.
Applications are evaluated based on the following:
- The overall quality of the application;
- How the proposed project bears upon the annual research theme;
- The applicant’s past achievements; and
- How the project would benefit from the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to complete and submit the online Getty Scholar grant application form, along with the attachments described below, by the deadline.
- Project Proposal: Each application must include a description of the applicant’s proposed plan for study and research (not to exceed five pages, typed and double-spaced). The description should indicate (1) how the project bears upon the scholar year theme and (2) how the project would be advanced by the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Optional Writing Sample
For the best user experience, they strongly recommend use of the Google Chrome browser. You may also use Firefox or Safari. The Internet Explorer 11 (IE) browser is not fully compatible with our portal.
Begin a New Application: Create or update your account and password, log in, and begin a new application.
For more information, visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: October 1, 2018
It always our pleasure, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Most important, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+