World Bank LJD Week 2018 and How to Apply Online.
World Bank LJD Week 2018… As the World Bank endeavors to become a global knowledge bank, there is a constant need to innovate and generate fresh ideas and solutions around development topics.
Prevailing theme of the LJD Week 2018 Law Student Contest for Development Solutions is in line with that of the LJD Week, namely, Rights, Protection and Development. They seek creative, innovative, scalable, and timely ideas from currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate level law school students.
LJD Week 2018 student contestants are requested to answer the following question in no more than 3500 characters: What legal initiatives or measures should the World Bank support or put in place to economically empower disadvantaged and vulnerable individuals and groups in your country with the intention of reducing poverty and boosting prosperity?
- Submitters of the top two proposals will be funded to travel to the World Bank Group Headquarters in Washington D.C. during the LJD Week and present their ideas in a TED-Style Talk format in front of LJD Week participants, including VIPs like ministers of justice, attorney generals, chief justices of supreme and constitutional courts;
- Additionally, they will have the chance to publish their pieces in the LJD Week 2018 Blog along with the endorsement of the Senior Vice President and World Bank Group General Counsel. In addition to the top two winners, five additional submitters will also be able to publish their ideas in the LJD Week 2018 Blog.
- Participants must be currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate level law school students (pursuing L.L.B., J.D., L.L.M. and other similar academic programs);
- Must hold citizenship from any African country, and
- Be aged between 18 and 28.
Winning submissions will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Relevance and timeliness to LJD Week 2018 theme;
- Potential impact of the proposal;
- Clarity of content presentation;
- Originality and creativity;
- Practicality; and
- Potential for scale-up.
For more information, visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: August 31, 2018
It always our pleasure, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Most important, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+